Monday, August 8, 2016

Kids Felt Sewing Kits



Lately, I have been doing some cross-stitching projects and AZ has been pestering me to have a project of her own too. So, I was at Mr Diy the other day, looking for AM's table fan and I saw this. Went straight ahead to purchase it.





The kit contains all the pre-cut pieces of felt, thread, plastic needle (so you don't need to worry about them little fingers) and decorations. It is also complete with simple step by step instructions to make this delightful fabric shoes. Basically, everything you need in bringing the design to life.

I gave AZ full confidence to do everything on her own. I gave assistance only when she needed it. And to see her so engrossed in her project was so amazing. I also love the fact that she chose to decorate the fabric shoes without being too dependent on the illustration.






The project seems simple, but it involves a lot of hand and eye coordination which can be a little bit tricky for kids. Maybe after this she can move on to a different project with much higher level of complexity.  In the meantime, she is enjoying her self-made fabric shoes.




This is a great project for one of those rainy day activities. It is cheap and you can easily find it in the 5 ringgit store like Daiso, Mr Diy and even bookstores like Popular and MPH. 


No comments:

Post a Comment