Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Qym Planner Kit: February and March Main Kit Edition Review

This is a month plus plus due post. I was supposed to blog about the February and March Main Kit Edition last month but I've got so many things on my hand at the moment, I can barely find my ME time. Let alone do my creative work. I figured out the best way of doing it is to do the review of both kits in one blog entry. How about that?

I will start with the February Kit. If you want to read my review on the January Main Edition Kit you can read it here. Anyways, these are what you will receive if you subscribe to last month kit.



The first thing that caught my attention is the burlap drawstring pouch with bunnies and floral prints. This heavyweight fabric can be used to protect your planner from scratches or stains and judging from the size of it, I guess it will fit the A5 planner best.




But I love the rugged leather look of my planner. And as you can see, the pouch is way too large for my personal sized journal. So I gave it to AZ so she bring it to school to put her P.E shirts in.




Next is this black ink fountain pen together with its refill. Love the inscription of the brand on the lid. Now this is what I meant when I said in last month kit review that I wished they would come out with novelty items. I don't mind paying extra for things that are unique or truly theirs.






Then, I got this green and yellow floral washi tape. Retail at RM 6.




This grey, square, marbled sticky notes is next on the list. You have ample space to write your notes on as it is slightly bigger than the normal yellow sticky notes that you can easily find at normal stores. Price: RM 9. 





Small card with envelope shaped bookmark at the front. Price: RM 9.




The last item are these emoji stickers. RM12 for the whole bunch. 


Next is the March Kit. There are ten items in this month kit as you can see below.





A notebook with lines from Wordsworth's Daffodills at the front cover. Retail at RM10. 



It is a single line notebook.



Another set of emoji stickers. But fret not, they are different set of emojis compared to those from the February Kit. Retail at RM12.




This sticky note may look like page markers but the width is a lot bigger than the normal ones. It has that pink ombre effect that made it unique. Retail at RM 9.




More labels...not that I mind getting them at all. I found them to be really handy for my monthly journal. You can use them to label your appointments and highlights important things in your schedule. Price: RM 9.

 

Purple fine tip pen at RM 8. This one writes really well and it doesn't bleed the pages of my journal, which is a big yes for me.




And four pieces of journaling cards. I am not sure how I am going to use them yet. Probably as tip-ins instead of dashboards.



You will notice these cards are gold foiled. and they retail at RM 16.



However, two of the cards have stains. They are not that obvious but no one likes to see dents on your new car, right?




Lastly is this black and gold foiled Christmas themed washi tape. If only it is December, then it would be more appropriate, wouldn't it? Price: RM 8.


Overall, I would say that if you love receiving stationery handpicked for you, you might want to subscribe with Planner Malaysia.  I have subscribed with them since last January and the kits will arrive at my home on the first week of every month without fail. 

I do wish that they are more careful with the pricing especially with the existence of Daiso, ezbuy and Mr DIY. People would compare that with the same price that they are paying for the subscription, they will get the same items in larger quantities if they buy them elsewhere. But I do hope that they also know that stationery lovers are willing to pay extra for unique items in a heartbeat. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment