Friday, July 29, 2016

Baby Items That I Regret Buying...

Now that I'm preparing myself for the arrival of baby number three, I realized that I am not as fussy and thorough at preparing for the baby's arrival. Not that I am not anxious for the new baby, but the main reason being that most items are pretty much hand me downs from AM and AZ. These items are still in good condition and as long as they work, I'm more than happy to reuse them. Save me some money also. I mean baby stuff can be really expensive.

And as I was looking through all the baby stuff in the store room, I can't help but wonder why I bought what I bought. I mean some of them I probably used once or twice only. Such a waste of money. I wish I've done my research before buying all these things. Well, I did actually. I must have let my ''first time mom itch'' taking control over my rational self. So for new moms out there, you might want to continue reading as this might be your life-saver (and your money too).


These are all the items that I regret buying in no particular order...

1. Baby Monitor

If you are living in a palace or a mansion, I don't see why you shouldn't get this. But reality is, most of us don't. During the first year and especially during the first few months, the baby is pretty much glued to me. Even when the baby is in the next room, I can still hear the cries. I don't need a machine to tell me that. And baby monitor is not cheap.


Our baby monitor is pretty much like this. I couldn't find the exact one because it has been ages ago and mine is missing the parent unit. Look so canggih, comes with lullabies lagi. This one cost us RM200++  which is still ok. The price of a baby monitor could go higher especially with the new models equipped with other cool features like camera, room temperatures etc. It could reach RM1k easily. So canggih the baby monitor nowadays that they can also be hacked. Might want to read this also.

So I used my precious baby monitor for a few times before my easily amused husband decided to annoy me with his new-found ''walkies-talkie"


2. Baby Shoes

Credit: Etsy

The baby can't even walk, so why bother. It is as simple as that. Socks should be just fine.


3. Newborn Sized Clothes.

My initial thought was babies can never have enough clothes. It turned out that they can. They grow up so fast that by the time I found that nice purple crochet tutu-dress or that green shirt that matches The Dad, my babies have outgrown them. Especially the onesies or bodysuits. Restrain yourself from buying too many newborn onesies. Purchase more  3-6 mths sized clothes than those for newborns. And with a weather like Malaysia, buy lots of baju lubang-lubang to be worn during the day.


It might not look that stylish, but it sure gives comfort to the baby. There are several brands in Malaysia where you can find this. They are Fiffy, Anakku, Cuddles, Puppy Winks etc. You'll find lots of them at any Aeon Baby Department or any other stores for that matter.


4. Headbands with Giant Flowers.

Credit: Etsy

I  mean, come on look at it. How can you not? The baby looks so adorable wearing it. My baby girl is going to look so divine.....but she hated it. She kept on pulling and tugging them. Haishh....And some of the headbands will leave a circle mark around the baby's head. Made me feel guilty afterwards. But some babies don't even mind about it. Just buy one and test it first. If your baby girl likes them, lucky you. Go ahead and splurge on those gorgeous headbands.


5. Walker
Credit: Amazon

Luckily, I didn't purchase one. Somebody gave it to us as a present. I was still working when I had AM, my first born. We had a full time maid who took care of him. So the maid found it easier to manage AM if he is using the walker. But, putting him in  a walker was my biggest regret and I strongly urge all moms out there to keep the walker away. It is not good for the baby at all. It didn't help with AM motor skills. We realized that he would normally tripped whenever he walked. Alhamdulillah, we opted for the neuro exercises to help strengthen his leg muscle and he has improved a lot ever since. So moms, you can cross out walker from your list.


6. Baby Swing



I hesitated a little bit whether I should put this in the list. You see, ours is this Graco Jungle Baby Swing. AM hated it. He didn't find anything amusing or comforting about it at all. He refused to be strapped in that thing.  He could only spend at most, three minutes?? on it. That was a record breaker for him right there. On the other hand, AZ loved it. If it is her bed time and right after feeding, she could fall asleep within minutes in this swing. Then, we just have to transfer her to her cot and she will be sleeping soundly. But then again this would go on for about a few months only. Once she reached seven months, she decided "No more swing for me."'

So I am not so sure whether I regretted buying it or not. It proved to be useful even for a short period of time. So I am 50/50 on this product.


So yeah, these are most of it. What other baby items that you regret buying? Fee free to share.


P/s: On another note, there will be a baby expo in Mid Valley this weekend. What are you waiting for? Head on there and be sure to shop wisely moms!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment