Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Traveler's Factory, Japan

So my husband went to Japan two weeks ago for his work trip leaving me behind with the kids. After almost ten years of marriage, I am pretty much used to it by now. Now, my husband being the kind of man that he is, went  to most places that we visited during our Japan family trip last year, took photos and sent them to me. His walk down memory lane, though may seem romantic to some degree was actually an attempt to annoy me because he knew how much I miss Japan.  To show how serious he was about the whole 'I-wish-you-are-here' thing, he went to Sushi Zanmai all the way to Tsukiji market, ordered the same bowl of sashimi like he had last time and captured it all in one photo. All in good faith of course haha.



Juicy tunas that melt in your mouth. Japan sure promises the best gastronomical adventure that you couldn't find elsewhere because I can never look at those tunas in Sushi King the same way again.

Ohhh, and that was not it. There is more trick up his sleeves, I assure you. Traveler's Factory was next on his list. But I am kind of glad that he went there because now with a small baby, my days of  traveling seem to be put on hiatus. So, looking at the photos that he sent all the way from Nakameguro's back alley pretty much quench my thirst of traveling. 



The view from outside.



Stationery heaven.


My husband brought Pokemon gatchapon (capsule toys) for the kids and of course souvenirs from Traveler's Factory for me. But instead of giving me all the stuff at one go he decided that it would be more fun to let time does the magic...in other words, he loves to 'torture' me. Never mind, since I love surprises, I would say, bring it on. Plus, it is like having your birthday present when you least expected it. 

So the first present was the one that he gave me straight away. And it is this mini coloured pencils set, consists of 12 colour pencils, a sharpener and an eraser. This credit card size stationery set screams journaling on the go, all the way!!! It could easily fit inside your journal. It also has Traveler's Factory logo printed on its case.



 

I just don't have the heart to really put this to use yet. So at the moment, the colour pencils still remain sharp and untouched. 

I found the second gift, a week later, tucked neatly in between AD's nappies. It was a really nice surprise. They are these two black and white wahi tapes. And it is all nothing but the truth, when they (the journaling addict) say you can never have enough washi tapes. 




The Tokyo Metro Trip by Metro and the black Traveler's Factory washi tape.


 This Traveler's Notebook x Tokyo Metro collaboration washi tape showcases all nine lines in Tokyo Metro extensive rapid system. They are the Ginza Line, Marunouchi Line, Hibiya Line, Tozai Line, Chiyoda Line, Yurakucho Lin, Hanzomon Line and Namboku Line.


 A close-up look of the washi tapes. 



I can't wait to see what will my next surprises be.



No comments:

Post a Comment